
So we decided in the spirit of true immersion we'd have one too. I managed to find one at Publix and we invited our neighbor over to join in the celebration.

The "cake" is more like a giant Danish with frosting and decorated in Marti Gras colors of purple, green and yellow. Everyone picks their piece and cautiously takes a bite. Hidden inside of one of the pieces is a plastic baby Jesus. Yes, you read that correctly, someone came up with the idea of baking a baby into a cake, and others carried on the tradition. Whoever finds the "newborn king" is the King of the party and responsible for hosting the next year's King Cake Party.
King Charles

"What the...?" says Charlie's expression. I know you want a close up.

I'm thinking for Lent I'll give up pastries with tiny plastic babies baked inside.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment